I like deadlines. Well, no. I hate deadlines, but I find them useful.
Without deadlines I tend to not do things… have you noticed?
So, after a little bit of nagging from Steph–and to be clear it’s the only nagging she ever does and only because I’ve given my approval for her to nag–we came up with a day that seemed to be ok.
Actually, the conversation went more like this…
Matt: I think that since I’m doing weekly injections now that I’m going to start doing them on Wednesdays.
Steph: Alright, cool. Sounds Great.
Steph: We need to start posting more.
Matt: Ok. Yeah. You’re right. I need a deadline.
Steph: How about on Wednesdays, the same as your injections.
Matt: Yeah, that’s a good idea.
Steph: Yeah, and then you can’t do your injection until you post on the blog.
Matt: *a look of horror*
Now, this is all in jest. Really, it is. But then I had an idea since I’ve been going through a rough time lately with my T levels and it’s been sooo bad some days… I’m going to tell you all what my levels are (to be followed up with some posts about dysphoria from both of us).
Prescribed Dosage (May 2011 – September 2013): 200 mg / every other week
New prescribed dosage (September 2013 – present): 100 mg / weekly
- Total Testosterone = 1010 ng/dL, normal range is 240-950 ng/dL
- Free Testosterone = 46.0 ng/dL, normal range is 9.0-30.0 ng/dL
- Hemoglobin = 14.9 g/dL, normal range is 13.5-17.5
- MCV aka Average Red Blood Cell Volume = 93 fL, normal range is 80-100 fL
- Total Cholesterol = 164 mg/dL, normal range is 100-199 mg/dL
- Triglycerides = 122 mg/dL, normal range is less than 150 mg/dL
- HDL Cholesterol = 44 mg/dL, normal range is greater than 40 mg/dL
- LDL Cholesterol = 96 mg/dL, normal range is less than 131 mg/dL
- ALT (SGPT) aka Liver Test = 19 IU/L, normal range is 8-45 IU/L
- Hemoglobin = 15.1 g/dL, normal range is 13.5-17.5
- MCV aka Average Red Blood Cell Volume = 90 fL, normal range is 80-100 fL
As you can see, my levels were completely bonkers back in April, and while I don’t have new T levels since I’m in the middle of switching doses and stuff, all of my other labs came back squeaky clean.
I should, according to my labs, be growing two beards a day and be in tip-top fighting shape.
So where’s my dysphoria coming from and what is it doing to me and Steph?
We’ll try to get to the bottom of that…
Matt (and Steph)